Coming Soon.... WhiteHorse™ Imitation Violin Bow Hair.
BowWorks™ has developed a successful and revolutionary imitation horse hair for violin bows - WhiteHorse™ imitation violin bow hair. Currently we are creating the necessary tooling and building the equipment to place this new material into production in our Dover, Ohio workshop.
In the process of developing this new hair we have worked with the University of Akron School of Polymer Science and with the Research & Development Departments of 3 major fiber manufacturers. We have fully studied and mapped the microscopic texture of real horse hair in full length spectroscopy in order to replicate the natural texture and geometry that makes real horse hair work in our string instrument world.
Utilizing an advanced polymer with a proprietary surface enhancement procedure and a secondary procedure that affects the full body crimping of each strand we are able to replicate the natural growth segments and surface texture of real horse hair in a uniform man made fiber. We have made a science of developing an imitation hair that looks and plays like real hair on string instrument bows.
We have also reverse engineered the existing imitation hair on the market only to find that ALL of them are standard nylon or polyester fibers straight from the mill with no texturing or surface enhancement of any kind.
WhiteHorse™ imitation violin bow hair is an advanced polymer with a scientifically applied and proprietary surface finish and full fiber body treatment resulting in fibers that possess the same properties as high-quality natural horsehair.
In addition, WhiteHorse™ horsehair has the following advantages over real hair:
1) Not affected by temperature changes.
2) Not affected by humidity/moisture changes.
3) It is non shredding.
4) It has greater strength and durability. This hair lasts longer than real hair. We recommend WhiteHorse™ hair replacement once per year. While this product will last much longer than a year, the rosin degradation factor is such that yearly replacement is recommended.
5) WhiteHorse™ hair is made of an advanced polymer that has the same harmonics in the material itself as real horse hair.
6) No kinks or snags. Combs out easily for a smooth application.
7) Uniform and consistent in quality. Unlike real hair where there are good and bad strands, you do not throw any of this away as you do with real hair.
8) No deterioration and recyclable. This material does not deteriorate so it stores for an indefinite time period. It is fully recyclable and can be placed in with your plastic recycle products.
9) This is a Vegan material.
10) Material harmonics, dynamic scales-ranges, and performance are excellent. The feel and the feel in play are that of real hair.
With WhiteHorse™ hair you can play harder and longer and yet you will see a reduction in how often you change your bow hair. You will find that our bow hair will last longer than real hair and you will have consistent playing results regardless of where you are playing on this planet. When we say this material is not affected by temperature and humidity changes we mean it - you can travel and play in any environment and not experience bow hair problems as seen with real hair or with other imitation hair.
But most importantly - you will have the performance of the highest quality horse hair without the cost or physical problems associated with real hair.